Friday, May 6, 2011

Remembering Mama



FRG marks five years since the loss of the greatest influence on her life and that is her Mama. After 15 long years of fighting many forms of cancer the Lord took her home and I finally understood what the followers of Christ felt when he left them.


Every mother's day and mama's birthday I always wanted to show her how much I loved her and appreciated her for choosing to be my mama. She gave me a love and appreciation for art and beauty in our world, a love of and personal relationship with God,optimism in the future and self confidence. But most importantly she gave me a burning desire to leave the world a better place than what I found it.


She never took any meeting with any stranger as chance but a divine moment ordained by God and one not to be wasted. She became a quiet listener to every lonely soul's aspirations,worries and concerns and a cheerleader to everyone's dreams. She poured out her spirit of unconditional love like a balm for a weary world. It was no surprise that even after spending her later years more homebound that she still filled the large room at the local funeral parlor with heartbroken friends and acquaintances. Not ever aware of all the lives she touched she would have been surprised.


This mother's day remember your mama. Love on her. Hold her hand and hug her. For all too soon this time will slip a way. The thing I look forward to when I am called up yonder is not only the greeting of St. Peter but getting that warm embrace like no other from that precious soul my mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment